The SafetyTech FlexAir PAPR System is a compact, lightweight Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) System with a Lifetime Lithium Battery inside the waist mounted blower. The flexible design permits the use of 2 HE (High Efficiency) particulate or 3 combination cartridges for protection against organic vapors and acid gases (OV/AG/HE). Workers are protected by having contaminated air purified by filter media mounted on the PAPR blower unit and delivered via a lightweight breathing tube to the users head cover.
It provides vital protection for the eyes and respiratory tract, accommodates facial hair and eliminates fit testing. Compact and less than 1.4 pounds, the FlexAir provides a constant flow of purified air and features a dedicated low flow alarm with constant warning and an intermittent low battery alarm with 10 minute warning. Other benefits include “easy decontamination” design, up to 8 hours of continuous work time on a single charge, dependable rapid charge performance and a choice of hood styles and colors.
- Flow Rate - Greater than 170 LPM
- Lithium Ion On-board/ Duration - 7-8 hrs
- Expected Life of Li Ion Battery - 500 to 700 Charges (before any voltage degradation)
- Filter or Cartridge Options - GME Multi-Gas HE Cartridge (HE/AM/CD/
- (3 Filter Option) - CL/FM/HC/HS/MA/OV/SD
- 2 Filter HE Option - HE2 Filter (Particulates, Aerosols, Bio-Hazards)
- Operating Temperature - (-20°C to +49°C) (-4°F to +120°F)
- Decontamination - Unit is Decontaminable
- Overall Dimensions - (w/o cartridges)
(FlexAir PAPR Blower) - Width: 94 mm (3.70”), Height: 134 mm (5.27”), Length: 106 mm (4.15”)
- Weight of FlexAir Blower - 596 gr (1.32 lb)
w/ Battery - 786 gr (1.74 lb) w/2 HE2 Filters and 1 Plug, 1832 gr (4.04 lb) w/3 GME cartridge
The Black FlexAir™ PAPR Kit includes: FlexAir™ Blower, Single-Speed w/Onboard Li-Ion Battery (Black), Web Belt Assy., 60” L x 2” W and Airflow Indicator (AFI) 4-6 CFM
The White FlexAir™ PAPR Kit includes: FlexAir™ Blower, Single-Speed w/Onboard Li-Ion Battery (White), Web Belt Assy., 60” L x 2” W and Airflow Indicator (AFI) 4-6 CFM
You must add (1) Breathing Tube Assembly, (1) Head Cover and the Battery Charger for a complete NIOSH-Approved System.
The FlexAir PAPR can be purchased from the Lynn Peavey Company.