|The UltraLite™-ALS is the most powerful, serious-level, solid state forensic alternate light source featuring an astounding 1000 milliwatts of power and four levels of intensity with a range of 400 - 1000 milliwatts. It is about the size of a medium banana. It weighs in at less than 300 grams; its compact, lightweight design will drive anyone who has processed the inside of a vehicle, stairway or a ceiling to develop a tremendous appreciation for this serious piece of equipment. It even features the patent-pending BMT™ (Blue-Merge Technology); it is the merging of forensic wavelengths to optimize your viewing range automatically.
The UltraLite™-ALS handle has some truly unique features. First it is designed to accept interchangeable heads. It is activated by a trigger switch that is located directly under the index finger when the UltraLite™-ALS is held. On the upper portion of the handle is an output intensity selector button. This button allows you to select 400mw, 600mw, 800mw, and 1000mw. The ability to adjust the power output is absolutely essential when creating the best contrast between evidence and background for photography. Immediately above the selector button are a series of lights that inform you as to what power has been selected. Immediately above the output indicator lights is the battery indicator light. This light illuminates when the batteries have been drained by approximately 20%. The battery's life is dependent upon the output intensity that is selected. The battery will maintain full intensity output of the most powerful head for more than an hour of continuous use. One hour of continuous work represents approximately four hours of busy crime scene work. The light will continue to operate for sometime after this light is illuminated, however, maximum output will not be able to be attained when this light is illuminated. Immediately above the battery indicator light is the tripod mount hole. This mounting hole will mate the UltraLite™-ALS to any standard tripod. The handle surrounds either the AC/DC Power Pack or the optional Battery Pack. The Power Pack and/or Battery Pack is quickly and conveniently changed by sliding one out of the base of the handle and sliding the other into the base of the handle, in much the same manner as a magazine is changed in a pistol.
The BMT™ Head contains Light Producing Semi-conductors that produce Blue-Merge Technology (BMT™). BMT™ is the perfect merging of forensic wavelengths (Patents Pending). It is well established in forensics that shorter wavelengths such as 450 nanometers (nm) are most useful in body fluid, teeth and bone fragment, bite mark and bruise work. While longer wavelengths such as 480 nanometers (run) are most useful in trace evidence and fingerprint work. BMT™ mixes a unique profile of forensic wavelengths to produce the perfect blend. With BMT™ you only need to go over the scene or evidence one time with one set of glasses, and one filter to complete 99.5% of evidence detection, collection, and documentation work. As a testament to the utility of BMT™, all of the evidence at this website was illuminated with only the BMT™ light and photographed with only one filter. The BMT™ Head produces an astounding 1000 milliwatts of output energy.
UltraLite™-ALS brings forth 6 major breakthroughs in forensic light technology:
1. Blue-Merge Technology (BMT™). BMT™ is the perfect merging of forensic wavelengths (Patents Pending). It is well established in forensics that shorter wavelengths such as 450 nanometers (nm) are most useful in body fluid, teeth and bone fragment, bite mark and bruise work. While longer wavelengths such as 480 nanometers (nm) are most useful in trace evidence and fingerprint work. BMT™ mixes a unique profile of forensic wavelengths to produce the perfect blend. With BMT™ you only need to go over the scene or evidence one time with one set of glasses, and one filter to complete 99.5% of evidence detection, collection, and documentation work.
2. Power output. The UltraLite™-ALS in BMT™ produces over 1000 milliwatts of power. This is equivalent to 3 times the power produced by powerful scene argon lasers such as the Scene Sweeper™ Argon Laser. The UltraLite™-ALS with BMT™ produces more blue wavelength output power than any other semiconductor based ALS. In order to match the power of the UltraLite™-ALS with BMT™, you would have to purchase a large water cooled laboratory argon laser with at least 3 watts of output power.
3. Size and weight. At a size of 6"x 4.5" x 1.25" and a weight of less than 300 grams (including optional battery pack), the UltraLite™-ALS represents the smallest, lightest weight forensic light system in the world by a large margin. Anyone who has processed a ceiling, stairway, or the inside of a vehicle will appreciate the benefits of such a small, light-weight forensic light system. The size and weight of the UltraLite™-ALS also facilitates unprecedented access to confined areas at a crime scene such as under the dash board of a vehicle or under the sink in a building.
4. Power requirements. The UltraLite™-ALS comes with a universal AC input. You may run the UltraLite™-ALS off of virtually any AC outlet from 90 volts in Japan to 240 volts in Australia. The UltraLite™-ALS also comes ready to run off of the cigarette lighter in your car. The UltraLite™-ALS can also run off of a battery pack that inserts into the handle in place of the AC power module. The UltraLite™-ALS will operate at full power off of the battery pack for more than two hours.
5. Bulb life. The UltraLite™-ALS produces light by way of Light Producing Semi¬conductors (LPS). These LPSs do not have delicate filaments and are not `jar' sensitive. Furthermore, the expected lifetime of these LPSs is 53,500 hours.
6. Price. At less than $2,000.00 the UltraLite™-ALS basic package is but a small fraction of the cost of other ALS systems and forensic laser systems and is affordable to virtually any police department in the world.
The UltraLite ALS can be purchased through the Lynn Peavey Company.
Evidence Processed With UltraLite™-ALS and its BMT™ Technology