BLUESTAR FORENSIC is a new reagent whose purpose is to reveal blood stains that have been washed out, wiped off or which are invisible to the naked eye. This product is intended for crime investigators.
Based upon chemiluminescence, its unique formula qualifies it as the most effective blood revealer available on the market, for crime scene as well as forensic lab use.
BLUESTAR FORENSIC enables the detection of invisible or microscopic traces or blood droplets, particularly against dark backgrounds. The visualization of the stains does not depend on the size of the bloodstains, but only on the actual presence of blood.
BLUESTAR FORENSIC does not alter the DNA of the revealed blood which allows for its subsequent genotyping. It is also compatible with ABO typing. Furthermore, it is safer and easier to prepare and use.
- The extreme sensitivity of BLUESTAR FORENSIC allows the naked eye to detect bloodstains down to 1:10,000 dilutions, like minute traces or droplets that have been washed off, with or without detergent.
BLUESTAR FORENSIC has a stronger and longer-lasting luminescence that does not require total darkness to be visible. Good quality pictures can be obtained with an ordinary camera and film or digital camera. Total darkness is not necessary to take good pictures of BLUESTAR FORENSIC reactions on blood. The pictures hereafter have been taken under diffused light.
- With a little practice, BLUESTAR FORENSIC makes it impossible to get confused between blood and false positives since the luminescence differs in color, intensity and duration.
- BLUESTAR FORENSIC does not alter DNA and allows for both subsequent DNA typing and ABO typing.
- BLUESTAR FORENSIC works as well on fresh blood as on very old or altered bloodstains, pure or diluted.
Easier to use
- BLUESTAR FORENSIC is easier and safer to prepare thanks to the pre-formulated tablets which avoid weighing-out ingredients. Neither powders nor liquids to be mixed, only fast-dissolving tablets. Does not contain any sodium tetrahydrate perborate. Easily recycled. No residues left after drying. BLUESTAR FORENSIC can be sprayed over and over again on the same bloodstains for the same resulting luminescence each time.
- Before use, BLUESTAR FORENSIC has a very long shelf-life and does not necessitate any special storage condition.
- Once mixed, BLUESTAR FORENSIC is stable and will work for hours, best used within 8 hours.
Each pair holds one beige tablet (the reagent) and one white tablet (catalyst). To prepare the working solution, you will need to dissolve a pair of tablets (white + beige) in 4 oz of distilled water in a bottle equipped with a fine mist atomizer. Or use 4 pairs at once if you need 16 oz. BLUESTAR Forensic Tablets should not be mixed until immediately before use, and must be applied within 8 hours of mixing. The BLUESTAR Forensic Tablets have a 3 year shelf life prior to mixing.
The BLURSTAR can be purchased from the Lynn Peavey Co.
Click here to view this product.